Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy 60th Anniversary!

Well, after a very noisy flight, complete with multiple screaming babies, overly chatty men, and one hour of sleep, we arrived in Germany! We mastered the S-bahn (train) and spent the day wandering around Frankfurt. A little sight seeing. A little eating. A little more sight seeing. A lot more eating. Since we were all exhausted, we decided that once we got back to the airport it was going to be group nap time seeing that our flight didn't take off for 4 hours. Well, terminal B42 was not feeling group nap time. Apparently it's South African Airways' 60th anniversary of flying from Frankfurt to Johannesburg. This means cake (a HUGE cake) and beverages (coffee, tea, juice......South African Wine!) and oodles and oodles of people. So we're sitting here, eating cake and drinking wine, waiting to for our flight. Classy. I guess we picked the right day to fly to South Africa! Hopefully this service continues onto the plane :)


Oop! Now there's a microphone and inspirational speakers. And gifts! What is this?! I'm just hoping the pilot stays away from the wine...


Alright, I'll let you all know when I arrive in Cape Town :)


Tschüß!



Just to rub it in a little....this is what I ate for lunch :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment